Personal Injury Lawyer DC
Accidents happen all the time. In many cases they aren’t avoidable, but other times they happen because some person or some company was negligent or reckless and created a dangerous situation. Either way, accidents are often expensive, which is why many individuals and companies carry insurance policies that pay out when the worst happens.
However, it’s not always as simple as that. The person or company responsible for an accident will sometimes claim they had nothing to do with what happened, and the insurance companies that back them will refuse to pay out the full value of a claim on a technicality or by disputing your version of events. After all, insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and every time they pay out it comes out of their profits.
That’s why it helps to hire a lawyer to represent you and help you with negotiations and legal actions. If the accident happens in Washington, DC or one of its suburbs, then you’ll need a good personal injury lawyer in DC. That means you should contact Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, attorneys at law.
Hire An Expert Personal Injury Lawyer In DC
The biggest reason to hire a personal injury lawyer in DC after you suffer through an accident is because a lawyer will know the best way to get proper compensation for what happened. Most people only go through maybe one or two serious accidents in their lives, but personal injury lawyers deal with cases like yours every day. That gives them the experience to know the best way to get the compensation you deserve.
Hiring a lawyer from Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp also means you’re leveling the playing field. Corporations and insurance companies have whole legal teams working for them full-time, plus they have investigators and claims adjusters with years of professional experience. Hiring a lawyer will give you the same years of experience that they have, and a lawyer can advise you on what to say and not say, what evidence you’ll need to collect to prove your case, and just how much money you can get from an accident.
Get Legal Representation For Any Kind Of Personal Injury
A personal injury lawyer in DC can offer help for a wide variety of tort cases. At Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, our law firm can help clients with all of the following injury types:
- Traffic collisions of every variety, including collisions with personal vehicles, commercial trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, stationary objects, and so on.
- Product liability cases caused by a defective product that doesn’t work right, false advertising that tries to claim a product can do something it can’t, and products damaged during the shipping process.
- Wrongful death cases brought by the close family members of the victim.
- Premise liability cases where the operator or owner of a property should have kept it safe for visitors and residents but instead something happened.
- Dog bite cases where a dog or other pet hurts someone while the owner should have had responsibility for it.
- Unfair insurance practices and disputes where the insurance agent either negligently or actively denies a claim that the covered person has a right to.
Don’t Worry About Legal Payments Until You Win
For the most part, a personal injury lawyer in DC will only accept money on a contingency basis. This means you won’t have to pay any legal fees until after you accept a settlement, and the fee will be a percentage of the settlement. In other words, if you walk away with nothing or a small settlement, then your lawyer will get the same thing.
There are two main reasons why personal injury lawyers work on contingency. The first is because it gives us a good reason to make sure you get the best settlement possible. The second reason is so that anyone can afford legal representation no matter what their yearly income looks like.
If someone is refusing to take responsibility for the injury they caused you, or if an insurance company doesn’t want to pay the full claim you’re owed, then you should hire a personal injury lawyer in DC. Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp has a legal team that can represent clients in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, so no matter where your accident took place you can count on us to represent you.