Personal Injury Lawyers In Washington DC
Back when horses and carriages were the main ways of getting around town, the narrow streets and planned grids of Washington, DC offered just the right size and spacing. However, those days are long gone, and the streets of our nation’s capital are frequently packed by commuters, tourists, and others who bring city and highway traffic to a standstill multiple times per day. Many of the drivers get stressed out or distracted, and all too often they end up in accidents.
Sometimes the aftermath of a traffic accident goes smoothly. One driver is clearly at fault, they share their insurance information correctly, and the insurance company can cover the damages. Other times it’s not so clear: multiple drivers might be at fault, someone might be injured, or the insurance company is reluctant to pay a big bill. For times like these, it can help to have a professional on your side. That’s when you need to call Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, one of the best places to find personal injury lawyers in Washington, DC.
Take Advantage Of Our Expertise
Insurance providers are for-profit companies, and so their goal is to make money for themselves and their shareholders. Paying out insurance claims means losing money, and so insurers often look for ways to avoid paying when possible. This is more likely when you need to make a larger claim, and they will often try to poke holes in your case or talk you into accepting a smaller settlement.
Insurers have full-time professionals investigating claims and negotiating with policyholders, and it can be hard to fight for your side if you don’t have any experience in the field. Luckily, the personal injury lawyers in Washington, DC and elsewhere are experienced with representing individuals making insurance claims. We can advise you on what to do and what to avoid, we can negotiate on your behalf, and we often get our clients larger settlements than they would get on their own. At Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, we can also represent you in our neighboring states of Virginia and Maryland.
Use Our Services For Any Personal Injury
Personal injury lawyers in Washington, DC can come in handy for more than just traffic accidents. At the offices of Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, our service area includes most sections of tort law.
- Malicious injury lawsuits often run in parallel with criminal cases. While criminal trials hand out punishments and fines, civil cases allow victims and their families to get compensation for damages dealt.
- Premise liability cases cover situations where a person or company is responsible for keeping a location reasonably safe but you get injured anyway because of neglect.
- Dog bite laws allow you to sue pet owners and animal handlers if their animals go out of control and damage you or your property.
- Traffic accidents are all too common in the District of Columbia, and we often represent people who need to make insurance claims to cover car repairs and hospital bills.
- Wrongful death cases can be brought up by close family members if an accident or negligence leads to a loved one’s death.
- Product defects can harm people and property, and the companies responsible can and should be held accountable and compensate the people they hurt.
Don’t Worry About Hourly Billing
Personal injury lawyers in Washington, DC don’t take retainers and don’t charge by the hour. Instead, your legal representative from Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp will take a percentage of the final settlement you accept. So if you don’t get a cent, neither will we.
There are two important reasons for this system. First, it encourages personal injury lawyers to work efficiently and try to get the best settlements for their clients that they can. Second, it means that anyone can hire a lawyer and sue a big corporation that injured them no matter what their yearly income is.
Whether it happens during a DC rush hour or whether it happens at home because of a defective product, when you suffer an injury then the person or company responsible should pay for the damage. Personal injury lawyers in Washington, DC help make sure that happens by representing you to corporations and insurance groups, so contact the offices of Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp when you need a good lawyer on your side.