Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents happen all year round and all across the country. Anyone could suffer a personal injury or property damage just from walking past a construction site, from using a defective product, or from getting into a traffic accident. And while some of these incidents end with a bruise, a minor burn, or some traded paint, in other cases the damage is much more serious.
A serious accident can become complicated very quickly. In some cases, it’s clear enough who’s at fault and who got injured, and the responsible party can pay you the money you need for medical bills and lost work. However, in other cases, the responsible parties or their insurance companies refuse to pay. At times like this you need a legal representative, and when you need a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer you can contact the offices of Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp.
Level The Field With A Professional’s Help
Insurance is a for-profit industry, which means insurance companies are always looking for ways to maximize their premiums while minimizing their payouts. Part of this is risk analysis, which is why certain insurance employees spend their lives analyzing statistics for accidents, crime rates, and so much more. Others known as claims adjusters work on individual cases, and while they’re supposed to find out the facts of an incident, all too often they only look for facts that will reduce how much they have to pay.
That’s why it helps to have your own professional to represent your side of the case. Insurance claims adjusters spend their whole careers looking at cases like yours, so it’s natural that they’d be better than you at presenting their side of the argument. However, if you hire a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer, you’ll have someone on your side who has the same level of experience. An attorney from the offices of Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp can advise you on what to do, what to avoid, what to keep, and what to photograph, plus they can represent you during meetings with insurance agents.
Get Help With Most Kinds Of Personal Injury
With Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, you can get a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer for many kinds of cases.
• Traffic accidents come up a lot thanks to the infamously bad roads surrounding Washington, and we work to get just compensation to the victims.
• Premise liability cases also called “slip and fall,” refer to times when a premise owner or manager allows a guest or employee to come to harm because of negligence.
• Dog-bite cases where a pet owner allows their pet to hurt someone. Owners can be responsible for their pets’ actions even if they haven’t been violent before.
• Defective product cases where a manufacturer designs something that doesn’t work right and harms the user even when they follow all the right directions.
• Wrongful death cases where the survivors deserve compensation from a party that’s responsible for a loved one’s death.
• Malicious injury cases, which are all about compensating the victims in parallel to a criminal case.
Hire A Lawyer Who Isn’t Paid Unless You Are
When you hire a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer, or when you hire one from just about any of the 50 states, you won’t have to pay a retainer or pay to keep their services. Personal injury lawyers work on commission, which means they take a percentage of the settlement amount and don’t take any payment until then.
This system exists for two good reasons. First, since the injured party doesn’t have to keep paying for legal help, they can keep a case going for as long as they need to, even if it ends up taking years and going to court. Second, it makes sure your lawyer is as committed as you are to getting the best settlement possible.
If you get into a car accident, suffer an avoidable injury in a store or an office building, or if you get food poisoning from something that should have been fully cooked, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. And if that injury should happen in our nation’s capital or its surrounding suburbs, you should hire a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer from the offices of Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp. Contact us today and get started with a free case evaluation.