Our Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyers Will Protect Your Rights
Whether you are in an auto accident, experience a slip and fall, or get injured by a defective product, your expenses can quickly get out of control. Between medical bills, missing work, and the hardship on your family, you may find yourself in a difficult financial situation. However, if your injuries are caused by the negligent actions of another person, by law they are required to pay for the damages they caused. Proving their negligence caused your injuries can be a tough legal battle. That is where the Washington DC personal injury lawyers at Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, P.C. can help!
Why You Will Benefit From A Personal Injury Lawyer
After you’ve been injured and sought medical care, your next step is to file a claim against the negligent party’s insurance. This is where things get tough. Insurance companies don’t care about victims, they care about their financial bottom line. Keep in mind that the insurance adjuster that is so nice, is working to keep the profits high for the stockholders. They will use a variety of underhanded tactics to get out of paying you what is fair including:
● Offering you less than what your claim is worth
● Using your own words against you
● Claiming you are not injured or your injuries are not as bad as you and your doctor say
● Dragging the process out in hopes you get frustrated and give up
● Overcomplicating the process and burying you in paperwork
Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, P.C. who have dealt with unscrupulous insurance companies can help you wade through the paperwork nightmare that is required to get any decent compensation for your injuries and expenses.
Our Specialty Areas
Our Washington DC personal injury lawyers specialize in a variety of personal injury law including:
● Motor Vehicle Accidents
● Premises Liability
● Product Liability
● Wrongful Death
● Dog Bites
We also know how to deal with insurance companies and know how to fight to get you a fair settlement.
What Will A Personal Injury Lawyer Do For You?
Many people are under the mistaken idea that if they hire a lawyer, they will have to go to court. Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, P.C. has the experience and can avoid court. If you do find yourself having to file a court case, we will use their expertise to ensure you are compensated. One of our Washington DC attorneys will take all the steps needed to settle out of court and not let the insurance company under pay you. Our services include:
1. Investigation: After you have been cleared by a doctor, your attorney will begin to obtain all reports, photographs and interviews to demonstrate you were not at fault. If needed they have access to private investigators who will also help with evidence.
2. Obtain Medical Information: Your lawyer will assemble your medical reports, records and bills. They will collect employment reports and other items necessary to document the extent of your damages. This process takes time since medical providers and employers are slow in providing these reports.
3. Demand Letter: Once your lawyer has gotten all evidence and determined a monetary amount, he will send the insurance company a letter requesting the determined amount. Wingfield Ginsburg, and Lipp PC will not only determine current damages, but pain and suffering and future medical and income losses.
4. Take The Defendant To Court: If a fair settlement cannot be agreed upon between you and your lawyer and the insurance company, then your lawyer will file a lawsuit.
Your Part In The Case
While your Washington DC personal injury lawyer is working hard for you, it is important that you help them. Ways to help include:
● Proper Health Care: Make sure you follow up and comply with all medical advice.
● Work: Do not go back to work prematurely. The insurance company will state you failed to do your “duty to mitigate damages”. You did not try to prevent your injuries from getting worse, so they are not financially responsible.
● Do not discuss your case: Do not discuss your case and avoid any mention of your accident or legal issues on social media.
● Work with your lawyer: Do not sign anything without consulting your lawyer first.
Remember, you and your lawyer are partners and are working towards a common goal. They want you to obtain the compensation you deserve.
How We Will Fight For You
Our Washington DC personal injury lawyers have seen it all. We know exactly what kinds of dirty tricks the insurance companies pull. Luckily for our clients, they know us too. They know that we fight for our clients, all the way to court if necessary and will not settle for anything less than what our clients legally deserve. If you’re injured, give our experienced attorneys at Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, P.C. a call today to learn more!