Washington Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things in the world to deal with. It can take years to recover from an unexpected death, both emotionally and financially, and in some cases, you may never recover completely.
What’s worse is if the death was preventable or avoidable in some way. If your loved one died because someone was negligent or reckless, it can leave you wondering what you could have done differently and asking whether the responsible party even feels guilty about what happened.
And as if your loved one’s passing wasn’t bad enough, death is also a surprisingly expensive process, especially if it comes up suddenly and you don’t have the chance to make arrangements beforehand. You need to organize a funeral, buy a coffin and a gravesite or schedule a cremation and pick out an urn. You need to pay legal fees, gather people for a will reading if your loved one had one, pay estate taxes and other government requirements, and possibly also host a wake or a memorial service. And all of that sits on top of your emotional distress.
If someone is responsible for your loved one’s death, you can hold that person accountable and have them pay compensation for funeral costs, legal fees, loss of income, loss of companionship, and other damages. To do so, you need the best Washington wrongful death attorneys around, and that means Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp.
Bring On The Experts
A wrongful death is a serious case. As a civil case, it doesn’t involve any fines or prison time, but the case can involve a lot of money because of funeral expenses, hospital bills, and a significant amount of emotional pain and suffering. If you want your case to succeed, you need expert legal advice from a firm like Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, the Washington wrongful death attorneys.
Our firm operates in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, and our clients include regular people who need compensation because of a death in the family, a personal injury, or destroyed property. We offer professional legal advice, we can negotiate with other parties and insurance companies to get a fair settlement, and if necessary we can take a case to trial and present your arguments to a jury.
We Handle Personal Injury Law
While we take on cases as Washington wrongful death attorneys, our practice area includes most areas of personal injury law. That means we also accept clients for:
- Auto accidents and other traffic collisions. Accidents are unfortunately common in Washington, D.C.’s crowded streets, and making a claim with the insurance company can be harder than it should be.
- General personal injury cases, or times that you or your property are harmed thanks to another person’s negligence, recklessness, or malice.
- “Dog bite” incidents, times when a dog or some other pet harms a person. Pet owners and animal handlers at a zoo need to keep their animals from harming people, and there can be serious consequences if that doesn’t happen.
- Product defect cases, times when a product doesn’t do what the company advertises or actively harms the user. Even if a product only destroys itself, the owner can sue since the defect destroyed his or her property.
- Premises liability, situations where a person in charge of a property lets it become dangerous and hurt someone. When that happens, both the owner and the manager in charge could have to pay compensation for the injury.
Our Income Is Your Success
Like most Washington wrongful death attorneys, we at Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp are only paid a percentage of the settlements our clients receive. This means that if you don’t get any settlement at all, we won’t get paid, either. On the other hand, if you get a big settlement, we get a big paycheck. That’s just one reason why personal injury lawyers work on this kind of payment plan.
The other big reason is that good legal help is normally expensive. By operating on commission instead of hourly rates or a big retainer, people who normally couldn’t afford a lawyer can get the help they need to demand compensation from big corporations and other groups that try to ignore the little guy.
A lost loved one is always tragic, but it can be more so if your loved one died because of someone’s negligence or reckless actions. At Wingfield, Ginsburg, and Lipp, we offer our services as Washington wrongful death attorneys, and if we take your case we’ll do everything we can to make sure you get the compensation you deserve for having to go through such a tragedy.